High traffic, feature rich websites and mobile apps necessitate the usage of many special purpose technologies. A generic LAMP stack just doesn’t cut it. However, along with all of the performance and redundancy comes some difficult troubleshooting and interesting operational issues. If you can evaluate complex architectures and devise elegant solutions, we need you! ReverbNation’s scale and culture pushes us to leverage new and exciting technologies. The problems are complex, varied, and enjoyable.
To apply for this position, you definitely should have...
- 3 or more years of experience in a development/operations role
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS preferred but we also use Google)
- Expert level Linux system administration, networking, security, storage options, performance monitoring and package management
- A zeal for automation using tools like Chef, Ansible, Selenium, and Jenkins
- Experience with performance monitoring and site reliability for a high traffic site
- Proficiency with SQL and some large database administration experience
- Some programming/scripting experience (Ruby experience is a big plus; we also use Go, Java and Objective C)
- Willingness to be in an on-call rotation
- A Computer Science or equivalent degree
It would be best if you...
- Have deployed a production application in a containerized environment (e.g., Docker) and leveraged a container cluster manager (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Have used Redis/Resque, ElasticSearch, Memcache, Kafka, HAproxy, BigQuery and similar technologies
- Worried about how to keep the bad guys out while not getting in the way of the good guys
- Have knowledge of agile software development processes and methodologies
- Experience in streaming media content serving
- Like music and are interesting in helping emerging independent artists
In return, you'll get...
- The satisfaction of watching your friends use your work when they're out in public
- The opportunity to work with some of the most talented leaders, designers, engineers and developers in the Triangle
- Casual work environment where shorts, tees and sneakers are encouraged
- Regular company outings with your awesome co-workers that include cookouts and trips to our local breweries
- Work in a central triangle location with easy access