Marketing Manager - Raleigh-Durham, NC
Come work for a music technology company that has been voted one of the ‘Best Places to Work’ in the Triangle for 3 years. We’re looking for a creative, passionate, hands-on marketer who excels in a fast-paced environment and can balance brand messaging strategy with direct marketing tactics.
Working alongside our Director of Marketing and coordinating with product managers, designers, developers, and customer support, your job is to market all the tools and services ReverbNation provides to primarily independent, DIY musicians all over the world. From writing engaging website copy to managing a team of blog writers to optimizing digital ads to developing new product sales ideas, you’ll have plenty of chances to flex both your strategy and execution muscles.
The Marketing Manager will oversee user acquisition, activation, and engagement projects that effectively maximize revenue growth for the company.
To apply for this position, you definitely should have...
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience in a marketing role, preferably in music or media / entertainment
- Strong project management capability with remarkable attention to detail
- Impeccable writing talent (blogs, website copy, marketing emails)
- Exceptional presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- A proven history of being a reliable and dependable worker
- Proficiency in content creation and content marketing (e.g. blogging, writing articles, video production)
- Experience and comfort with social media management
- Experience with online advertising, specifically Facebook Ads and Google AdWords, from strategizing to design to implementation to measurement
- A strong grasp on the basic mechanics and philosophies of inbound marketing vs. outbound marketing
- A solid understanding of how to measure and optimize marketing initiatives
- The ability to be adaptable and flexible to a constantly changing marketing landscape
- A personable and energetic attitude with a healthy mix of wit and humor
- Creative approaches to solving problems
- A Marketing or equivalent degree
It would be best if you...
- Love music and are interesting in helping emerging artists achieve career growth
- Have a keen understanding of the music business industry from the perspectives of independent artists, labels, streaming services, and artist services
- Have experience with social media management tools (e.g. Sprout Social)
- Have experience with Wordpress
- Have a zeal for measuring everything you do, analyzing data and results to determine the best course of action for all marketing activities
- Have experience with photo editing process and software (e.g. Photoshop, Canva)
- Are comfortable receiving professional critique
- Are comfortable giving direction to and collaborating with designers and developers
- Can crank out work (headphones) as well collaborate with others (meetings)
- Are knowledgeable of the abilities and limitations of web browsers and mobile devices
- Have experience with guiding a video production team to share our message in video form
In return, you'll get...
- To express and grow your creative, strategic, and tactical marketing skills in a fun but challenging environment
- The opportunity to work with some of the most talented leaders, marketers, designers, engineers, and developers in the Triangle
- Casual work environment where shorts, tees and sneakers are encouraged
- Regular company outings with your awesome co-workers that include cookouts and trips to our local breweries
- Work in a central Triangle location with easy access
- Competitive salary and potential for equity
- Great benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options (100% of premiums paid by company), 401(k) match, and company paid disability insurance
- Great office location in RTP